Sunday, August 30, 2009


We are PREGNANT! After seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist in August 2008, we were told we would need fertility treatments to conceive. Little did we know that one year later, August 3, 2009 we would receive our first BFP on HPT!! 

My mother and I had gone to a Women of Faith conference for the weekend, and I felt lousy all weekend. I complained of being tired, and heartburn the whole time. I caught a few Z's whenever possible and was particularly picky about my food. (my poor mother! guess some things never change when you're a mother) I thought all of this feeling badly was due to a kidney infection. The weekend ended and back to work I went still not feeling well at all. I decided to do a U/A to see what was still going on with the infection. I had been on antibiotics for 3 days so surely I should have been feeling better, or so I thought. The U/A came back with a trace of WBC, but not near what it had been. I was due for my cycle that day and it was nowhere in sight. For the heck of it I decided to do a pregnancy test. As I saw the test line pop up pink I was breathless and my heart stopped!! "This test cant be right!! The control line hasnt even come up yet!" I thought to myself.

Could this be real?? Is it really my turn to have a baby?? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?? As I tilted the test every way possible to see that second line, risking a neck injury I decided to walk up to the receptionist, Amanda Smith, with the test. I put it down on her desk and said, what does that say? She replied "who is pregnant?" With the biggest smile on my face I shouted "ME!!!" 

After hugging and doing all the girly things women do when they find our they're pregnant, I then realized I had to wait until 9 o'clock p.m. to come so that I could tell Bruce face to face. All night between seeing patients, I would stare at those beautiful 2 pink lines. "We did it! WE REALLY DID IT!!" I thought to myself. 

My next thought was, "how will I tell Bruce? oh what does it matter, he wont believe me anyway!!" After work I went straight to CVS where I bought a regular pregnancy test as well as a digital, no way could we possibly read a digital one wrong! I come home happy as a clam and tell Bruce to meet me upstairs. 

I then proceeded to draw a hang man game on our white board in our bedroom. Bruce began guessing, and I was about to burst! HURRY UP! I kept thinking...finally after giving him a hint of a "+" he said "NO YOU'RE NOT!" I then proceeded to show him the test from work. He of course wanted me to take another (as I knew he would). I ran to the bathroom and busted out the digital test, followed the directions and handed it to him. Roughly 20 seconds later I hear "PREGNANT!!!" I walk in the bedroom where the digital test read "pregnant". 

I had wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell our families, but Bruce couldn't hold it in. He called his parents right away, sent picture messages to EVERYONE. Before 10 o'clock, all family and friends shared our exciting news. 

And so began our pregnancy journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment